Administration and Communication Coordinator
Towamencin Township is seeking a full-time Administration and Communication Coordinator to provide support to the Director of Administration. The ideal candidate must possess a strong mix of interpersonal, organizational and writing skills. The candidate will be detail-oriented and have experience creating effective visual presentations, including social media and website content. This role will regularly interface and work together with Township staff, the public, elected officials, committee members and other municipal agencies. This role will expand the Township’s communication footprint by regularly engaging the Community by sharing information in a clear and concise manner (news, events, projects, objectives) through various forms.
A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred with emphasis in communication or marketing, supplemented by five or more years of progressively responsible administrative and communication experience, municipal experience preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
Position includes excellent benefits with a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, work schedule 8 am – 4:30 pm. Full job description and employment applications are available on the Township’s website (www.Towamencin.org), or at the Township. Resumes and applications will be accepted until September 8, 2023. Send to HR@towamencin.org or mailed to Towamencin Township, Attn: Colleen Ehrle, 1090 Troxel Road, Lansdale, PA 19446. E.O.E.
Towamencin Township, Montgomery County, PA is a beautiful suburban and rural community conveniently located in central Montgomery County. Towamencin Township is recognized as a progressive local government in the region. We offer career opportunities in fields such as Planning, Building, Code Enforcement, Finance, Administration, Public Safety, Public Works and Recreation.
In addition, we offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits including health and dental coverage, life insurance, a retirement program, vacation, sick leave and paid holidays. Towamencin Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Towamencin Township accepts resumes or applications for currently advertised openings only. The Township does not accept unsolicited resumes. You may submit a resume or application either by mail, email, fax or in person:
1090 Troxel Rd
Lansdale, PA 19446
Fax: (215) 368-7650
- Employment applications are available from our receptionist at 1090 Troxel Road from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Submit a separate resume or application for each position for which you apply, including job title and close date on each submittal.
- Depending on the position, candidates may be required to take job-related skill, physical or medical assessments as part of the selection process.
- All submittals must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the ad close date to be eligible for consideration.
- Contact (215) 368-7602 for additional information regarding our process.
Towamencin Township has many volunteer organizations that are integral to the effective operation of the Township.
These organizations include:
- Agricultural Security Area Advisory Committee
- Economic Development Committee
- Environmental Advisory Council
- Open Space and Parks Advisory Committee
- Planning Commission
- Recreation and Special Events Advisory Committee
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Technology Assessment and Innovation Committee
- Towamencin Authority
- Towamencin Township Infrastructure Authority
- Traffic Impact Fee Advisory Committee
- Towamencin Municipal Authority
- Zoning Hearing Board
In accordance with Act 45 of the Pennsylvania Labor and Industry Law, the Township is establishing a five person Appeals Board to administer and enforce the Uniform Construction Code (UCC).
The Board members must be persons "who are qualified by experience and training to pass on matters pertaining to building construction...".
If you are interested, please submit a letter detailing your interest in volunteering to:
1090 Troxel Rd
Lansdale, PA 19446