PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT - FULL TIME LABORER
Towamencin Township is seeking applications for a full time Public Works Laborer. This position performs work assigned and supervised by the Public Works Director and Parks Supervisor. The majority of the work consists of the maintenance of Township grounds and facilities. The position operates various hand and power tools, including zero-turn mowers, weed whackers, pole saws, chainsaws, brush cutters, tree chippers, and other equipment of similar complexity.
The position also drives trucks and operates heavy construction equipment and requires a minimum of a class B PA license. Specific work examples include: loading and unloading of materials and tools from trucks, cutting grass, brush and branches, using hand and powered tools, application of snow and ice control materials and other maintenance chemicals, performing minor maintenance and repair operations on equipment and vehicles and the cleaning and painting of Township facilities. The position will operate vehicles to transport tools and equipment, apply road construction materials, plow snow and spread ice and snow control materials. The position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance operations on the vehicles operated and for reporting other needed maintenance. Equipment operation will include: trucks, mowers, rollers, backhoes, material loaders and other vehicles of similar complexity. The position will be responsible to perform other related work as may be required or assigned.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to learn and carry out simple mechanical operations.
- Knowledge of the proper operating procedures and safety practices associated with trucks, construction and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to recognize defective operation of vehicles and to perform routine maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of state laws pertaining to the operation of motor vehicles on highways.
Towamencin Township offers a great opportunity, with excellent benefits and a competitive starting salary range of $50,000.00 - $53,000.00, negotiable depending on experience. Applications and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications are available here. Resumes/applications can be mailed to Towamencin Township, 1090 Troxel Road, Lansdale, PA 19446 or emailed to Colleen Ehrle at HR@towamencin.org.
Towamencin Township, Montgomery County, PA is a beautiful suburban and rural community conveniently located in central Montgomery County. Towamencin Township is recognized as a progressive local government in the region. We offer career opportunities in fields such as Planning, Building, Code Enforcement, Finance, Administration, Public Safety, Public Works and Recreation.
In addition, we offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits including health and dental coverage, life insurance, a retirement program, vacation, sick leave and paid holidays. Towamencin Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Towamencin Township accepts resumes or applications for currently advertised openings only. The Township does not accept unsolicited resumes. You may submit a resume or application either by mail, email, fax or in person:
1090 Troxel Rd
Lansdale, PA 19446
Fax: (215) 368-7650
- Employment applications are available from our receptionist at 1090 Troxel Road from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Submit a separate resume or application for each position for which you apply, including job title and close date on each submittal.
- Depending on the position, candidates may be required to take job-related skill, physical or medical assessments as part of the selection process.
- All submittals must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the ad close date to be eligible for consideration.
- Contact (215) 368-7602 for additional information regarding our process.
Towamencin Township has many volunteer organizations that are integral to the effective operation of the Township.
These organizations include:
- Agricultural Security Area Advisory Committee
- Economic Development Committee
- Environmental Advisory Council
- Open Space and Parks Advisory Committee
- Planning Commission
- Recreation and Special Events Advisory Committee
- Strategic Planning
Technology Assessment and Innovation Committee
- Towamencin Authority
- Towamencin Township Infrastructure Authority
- Traffic Impact Fee Advisory Committee
- Upper Gwynedd/Towamencin Municipal Authority
- Zoning Hearing Board
In accordance with Act 45 of the Pennsylvania Labor and Industry Law, the Township is establishing a five person Appeals Board to administer and enforce the Uniform Construction Code (UCC).
The Board members must be persons "who are qualified by experience and training to pass on matters pertaining to building construction...".
If you are interested, please submit a letter detailing your interest in volunteering to:
1090 Troxel Rd
Lansdale, PA 19446