TAX & Sewer Rental FAQs
- How can I obtain a form for paying my local Earned Income Tax?
- I have an on-site septic system, why am I getting a sewer bill?
- How do I remove a deceased or divorced spouse's name from the Real Estate Tax bill?
- How do I change the mailing address that my Township and County tax and sewer bills are sent to?
- I got a sewer bill, but not a tax bill. Now what?
- When are these bills due?
- How do I obtain a Tax Certification?
Forms are available from Berkheimer Associates. You can reach customer service and download forms from their website at www.hab-inc.com
As you know all on-site septic systems are required to be inspected every three years. In the
past these inspections were reimbursed to the Township through grants. For the last several
years these grant funds are no longer available. Since 2012, any Township resident who has an
on-site septic system is being billed $35.00 per year to cover the expense of the inspections.
To obtain the procedure, please contact Montgomery County and advise them that you want the spouse’s name removed along with the reason.
- Montgomery County Phone: 610-278-3000
- Montgomery County Website: www.montcopa.org
You must send or fax a letter authorizing the Township to change the mailing address. Please forward this authorization to: Towamencin Township, P.O. Box 303, Kulpsville, PA 19443 or fax to the Tax Dept. (215) 368-6217. Please do not forget to note the property location that the mailing address change pertains to.
Township/County tax along with the sewer bil are sent in the same envelope. If you do not receive a bill by February 28. You need to contact the Township Office at 215-368-5357.
The bills are due by June 30th of the current year. However, we offer a 2% discount if you pay by April 30th. You have until June 30th to pay the bill with no penalties. Beginning July 1, penalties are added to the total of your bill.
Tax payments not received December 31 will be turned over to Montgomery County. Sewer payments not received by December 31 will result in an interruption of your water service, additional fees will occur and a lien placed against the property.
Tax Certifications are Handled through the Tax Collector - Robert A. Di Domizio, Jr.
Please visit the Tax Collector's website for anything regarding Tax Certifications. www.Robertdidomizio.com