Mandatory Leaf Recycling
Leaf and Yard Waste Collection
Pennsylvania Law prohibits placing leaves in the trash. Leaves must be composted on site or placed out for separate collection. Your Contracted Waste Hauler is to provide this service to their customers in Towamencin Township.
- Residents must purchase their own biodegradable leaf and yard waste collection bags that are available at grocery and hardware stores; no plastic bags are permitted.
- No more than 10 bags per collection.
- Haulers are to advise customers of specific dates for leaf pick-up:
- First collection in late October
- Second collection in November
- Third collection in May
- Customers can be billed by their hauler for this DEP mandated collection.
- Haulers are required to report tonnage collected from each collection to Towamencin so that it can be forwarded to DEP.