Fire Police Wanted
Special Fire Police Officers are empowered under Pennsylvania Law to regulate traffic, control crowds, and possess limited police authority to prevent interference with firefighting operations.
Special Fire Police Officers are members of and operate under the rules of the Volunteer Fire Company and under the direction of the Township Chief of Police.
As an Officer of the Special Fire Police of Towamencin Township, you are a representative of the governing authority. Therefore, the passing public will always remember your actions and words. Special Fire Police Officers must complete training and adhere to professional standards.
- Minimum age 18 years
- Valid Pennsylvania Drivers License **
- No prior criminal record **
**All applications are reviewed and approved by the Towamencin Township Police Department.
MENTAL ALERTNESS AND ENDURANCE ARE ESSENTIAL TO THIS POSITION!
- Directing traffic around the scene of a fire or other type of emergency
- Provide protection for the Fire crews, equipment and trucks at the scene of an emergency
- Provide crowd control to prevent their injury by interference to firemen.
- Protect private property when directed by fire chief and or Towamencin Chief of Police
- Assist Towamencin Township Police when dispatched for traffic control and other situations (under the direction of the Police Chief)
- At times you may direct traffic at parades in surrounding townships
- Be dispatched to assist with other Fire Police who are short of manpower
Available Fire Police training will be repaid by the fire company upon satisfactory completion.
Reflective vest and flashlights and other equipment is supplied to each officer by the fire company.
Special Fire Police officers are provided with (3) dress shirts, hat and jacket. Rain gear is also supplied.
For more information:
Go to: http://www.towamencinfire.com/newmembers
Or call: 215.362.2776 extension 312